Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No Rest For The Weary

It's true, and I never really understood it until recently.  As my pain has grown increasingly worse, with no real treatment, the insomnia and sleep deprivation have also increased. 
I can remember a time when I would wake up around 8 am, take a 2 hour nap at 1 pm, and then fall asleep at 9 pm.  I could roll around, and get all comfortable in my covers.  Granted I was taking a lot of medication that made me very drowsy, I didn't work, and I wasn't a mother at the time.
Now, I wake up around 7:30 am.   I do not nap, because my son needs me, and I'm afraid if I do, I will have trouble waking up.  I have trouble falling asleep because of the intense cramping in my legs at night... and I have to sleep perfectly still on my back.  Alfred (my significant other) calls it 'my princess in the pea' sleeping.  I want to snuggle with him. I miss snuggling with him.  I am constantly getting up, because I am restless.  I don't fall asleep until sometime past 2 am.  I barely dream anymore. 
The worst is being tired all day.  I could fall asleep at any moment... but at the same time it is so hard to find the time to nap, or the ability.  The pain makes it so hard.

One full day of sleep, just to keep up.  Now that is a good dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment